Having children is one of the greatest gifts life can bring. With that in mind, pregnancy and the raising of children can also take a pronounced toll on a mother’s body, and it can be difficult to restore pre-pregnancy contours through diet and exercise alone. Dr. Michael R. Schwartz offers Mommy Makeover procedures to help moms renew their appearance and feel great about the way they look. After all, with the many sacrifices you make as a mother, your appearance doesn’t have to be one of them!
A Mommy Makeover involves a combination of procedures designed to address a number of issues, and can include options such as breast augmentation, breast lift or reduction, liposuction, tummy tuck surgery, and other surgical or non-surgical treatments. Candidates for a Mommy Makeover are typically those looking to reverse some of the physical changes to the breasts and body that manifest after pregnancy, during child-raising, and through the natural aging process.
The benefits of a Mommy Makeover can include:
- Added volume and fullness to the breasts.
- Improvement of “sagging” breasts, which can often occur after childbirth or breastfeeding. Dr. Schwartz can eliminate excess skin and lift the breasts and nipples to a higher position, giving them a firmer and more youthful appearance.
- Restoration of the most obvious area of change – the midsection. Loose, excess skin can be removed and the remainder tightened for a firmer, more fit look to the tummy.
- Removal of excess fat deposits in virtually any affected body region
- Effective facial rejuvenation to smooth out signs of wrinkles, stress, and exhaustion.
The Mommy Makeover procedure can often be performed in a single operation, or in a series of staged treatments. Ultimately, your safety is our top concern, and the best course of action for treatment will depend on your individual needs and goals. Recovery will depend on the type and number of procedures you undergo, and whether your treatment occurs at one time or in staged appointments. Our board-certified plastic surgeon will meet with you for an initial consultation to discuss all aspects of a Mommy Makeover. If this procedure is ideal for your needs, he will create a customized treatment plan designed to help you attain your goals with beautiful, natural-looking results.
It’s typically advised that patients wait at least six months following their last pregnancy before undergoing a Mommy Makeover, particularly for procedures involving major surgery. Dr. Schwartz also usually tells patients considering a Mommy Makeover that it is best to wait until they are sure they will not be having anymore children before receiving this treatment to increase the chances that results will not be compromised.
Contact Dr. Schwartz
If you would like more information on Mommy Makeover procedures, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.
Back to blog