Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Stark have earned a reputation for excellence by creating results that consistently exceed their patient's expectations. They are excited to learn about your cosmetic goals and work with you to create a custom treatment plan that sees you enjoying your ideal outcome. To get started, reach out to us by phone, or click on the link below to speak with a helpful member of our team and set up your initial consultation today.Contact Us
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular procedures at my practice, and with the advances made in breast surgery over the years, you have many choices in terms of the size, shape, and type of breast implants that are right for your needs and goals.
There are many different implant variations, and all aspects of breast implants and the breast augmentation procedure itself will be discussed in detail during your initial consultation. It is critical to keep in mind six variables when picking a breast implant:
1. The Manufacturing Company – the characteristics of the implant gel and shell are different between the three major manufacturers.
2. Smooth vs. Textured Surface – there is a significant difference in the behavior and feel between these two implant types.
3. Implant Shape – each patient’s anatomy and aesthetic goals determines which implant will fit best.
4. Projection – this determines where the volume a patient desires will be distributed.
5. Implant Volume – this is usually the most important concern for each patient, but it’s not the only thing to be determined.
6. Implant Base Diameter – probably the most important measurement to be sure the implant fits correctly on the patient’s frame – great cleavage and pretty “side-boob,” but it’s important not to have too much or too little of either.
Each patient is unique, and the key to choosing the correct implant is to have a thorough consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, preferably someone who is an expert in breast surgery who can give you all the options you need.
Be sure to check out our next blog to find out which type of implant Dr. Schwartz generally prefers and why, as well as what characteristics he takes into account when recommending specific types of implants. If you have questions, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.
Back to blog